Khon Kaen University in collaboration with George Washington University held the Scientific Summit during June 27 and 29, 2016 at Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University.
This Scientific Summit aims to strengthen research collaboration in tropical diseases and Cholangiocarcinoma as well as to expand collaborations to other fields of research such as non-communicable diseases. Furthermore, attendees will be updated about good clinical practice, good laboratory practice, and bio-banking. Another important aim is to educate researchers on obtaining funding from overseas funding bodies.
Both basic biomedical and clinical research has always been the pinnacle of developing knowledge to continually improve healthcare for our patients. As the first and largest medical school in North East Thailand, the Faculty of Medicine has strived to produce quality research that would have impact both locally and internationally. We encourage and support research in all fields of medicine especially tropical medicine and its related diseases such as liver-fluke associated Cholangiocarcinoma which is a unique healthcare problem in northeast Thailand.
Our efforts and work have been internationally recognized, drawing in attention and resulting in collaborations with world-leading institutes around the world. One such collaboration, that we are most proud of, is with George Washington University lead by Professor Bethony’s and Professor Banchob’s team.
- Dr. Huda Ayas
- Dr. Douglas Nixon
- Professor Jeffrey Bethony
- Professor Dr. Edward Seto
- Associate Professor Dr. David Diemert
- Professor Dr. Norman Lee
- Assistant Professor. Dr. Richard Jones
- Professor Dr. Sylvia Silver
- Ms. Rachael Fellabaum
- Associate Professor Charnchai Panthongviriyakul
- Professor Pewpan Maleewong
- Associate Professor Supat Sinawat
- Professor Banchob Sripa
- Dr. Daris Theerakulpisut
- Assoc. Prof. Narong Khuntikeo
- Prof. Puangrat Yongvanit
- Assis. Prof. Wunchana Seubwai
- Dr. Supawan Laohasiriwong
- Assoc. Prof. Pope Kosalaraksa
- Prof. Ploenchan Chetchotisakd
- Assoc. Prof. Surapon Wiangnon
- Prof. Wanchai Maleewong
- Prof. Wichittra Tassaneeyakul
- Dr. Sakda Waraasawapati
- Dr. Ongart Somintara
- Assoc. Prof. Kittisak Sawanyawisuth
- Assoc. Prof. Somchai Pinlaor